Craft + Publish + Market
WriteNOW! 2022 Conference
Deep Dive in the Desert
September 16 & 17, 2022
“The Best Writers Conference in Arizona.” — the Writer Magazine
Already know which event(s) you would like to purchase?
Click this button to register for September 16 – EditNOW!, PitchNOW!, MarketNOW!, or the WriteNOW! 2022 Networking Social!:
Click this button to register for September 17 – the WriteNOW! 2022 Virtual Conference:
Friday, September 16, 2022
*Fees for Friday sessions differ based on event and are separate from cost of Saturday’s conference.
Virtual Pitch Sessions
PitchNOW! Price: $35 per session
One-on-one, 10-minute virtual pitch sessions with:
MarketNow! Price: $50 per half hour session
One-on-one virtual sessions for marketing advice with marketing expert Hailey Dezort.
EditNOW! Price $60 per manuscript
A 25-page assessment/developmental edit by Terri Bischoff is available asynchronously in September. Submitted manuscripts do not have to be complete, but the following guidelines should be followed:
- Times New Roman, 12 pt, double spaced as an attached Word doc
- 25 pages or the closest natural break (scene or chapter)
- Include a genre description
- Include the word count
- Optional (but helpful): Include a 2-3 paragraph synopsis or a query letter
While you can register in advance, submissions should be sent via email to the address provided upon payment only between September 16th and September 30th, 2022.
Edited manuscripts will be returned no later than 2 weeks after submission.
WriteNOW! 2022 Networking Social (In-Person Event)
Networking Social, Free for Members, Non-Member Price: $10
Aunt Chilada’s, 2019 W Baseline Rd, Tempe, AZ 85283
6-9pm (appetizers & drinks available from 6:30 – 8:30 pm)
Indoor/outdoor areas for socializing, an appetizer buffet, and cash bar. This first in-person Desert Sleuths event will observe COVID safety protocols for those concerned about large gatherings. Color-coded name tags will tell others your preference regarding social distancing—maintain distance please, fist bumps okay, or hugs welcome. Registration is required.
Ready to sign up for a Friday event?
Saturday, September 17, 2022
WriteNOW! 2022 Conference
Member Price: $20, Non-Member Price: $25
Schedule of Events:
- 8:00 – 8:10 am Welcome by Dana Kaye
- 8:10 – 9:10 am Keynote Speech by Sandra S.G. Wong: Keynote: “Tropes Versus the Writer: How to Make Tropes Work for You”
- 9:20-10:20 am Craft Panel: Writing Regional Voices and Settings: Donis Casey, David Heska Wanbli Weiden, Betty Webb
- 10:30-12:00 pm Deep Dive with Hallie Ephron: Creating Compelling Protagonists
- 12:00-12:10 pm Morning Wrap Up with Dana Kaye
- 12:10-12:40 pm Break (30 minutes only)
- 12:40-1:40 pm Personal Journey with Yasmin Angoe: “Journey to Becoming a Bestselling Author”
- 1:50-2:50 pm Publishing Panel: Publishing in Multiple Genres: Edith Maxwell, Alex Segura, Sandra S.G. Wong
- 3:00 – 4:00 pm Marketing Panel: Marketing for Success: Hailey Dezort, Kellye Garrett, Gigi Pandian, Peng Shepherd
- 4:00 pm Wrap up and final questions with Dana Kaye
Ready to sign up for WriteNow! 2022 Virtual Conference?
Saturday’s program will be via Crowdcast. Bookmark this page to make sure you get the most out of that experience: https://docs.crowdcast.io/en/articles/783-minimum-attendee-technical-requirements-and-troubleshooting
Check out Kindlepreneur’s article “How to Get the Most out of a Writer’s Conference” for more information on this and other writing conferences.