Craft + Publish + Market
WriteNow! 2022 Conference
Deep Dive in the Desert
September 16 & 17, 2022
“The Best Writers Conference in Arizona.” — the Writer Magazine
Check out Kindlepreneur’s article “How to Get the Most out of a Writer’s Conference” for more information on this and other writing conferences.
Friday, September 16, 2022
Virtual Pitch Sessions, 6:30 a.m. – 3:35 p.m.
Pitch sessions are a separate fee from the Saturday sessions
One-on-one virtual pitch sessions: EditNow!, PitchNow!, and MarketNow! We’re bringing agents, editors, and marketers to you for private feedback sessions on your work. More to come as we finalize the sessions.
In-person Networking Social, 6 – 9 p.m.
Aunt Chilada’s, 2019 W Baseline Rd, Tempe, AZ 85283
(food & drink from 6:30 – 8:30 pm)
Free to Desert Sleuths members, there is a $10 fee for non-member guests
Indoor/outdoor areas for socializing, an appetizer buffet, and cash bar. This first in-person Desert Sleuths event will observe COVID safety protocols for those concerned about large gatherings. Color-coded name tags will tell others your preference regarding social distancing—maintain distance please, fist bumps okay, or hugs welcome.
Saturday, September 17, 2022
- 8:00 -8:10 am Welcome by Dana Kaye
- 8:10 – 9:10 am Keynote Speech by S.G. Sandra Wong: Keynote: “Tropes Versus the Writer: How to Make Tropes Work for You”
- 9:20-10:20 am Craft Panel: Writing Regional Voices and Settings: Donis Casey, David Heska Wanbli Weiden, Betty Webb
- 10:30-12:00 pm Deep Dive with Hallie Ephron: Creating Compelling Protagonists
- 12:00-12:10 pm Morning Wrap Up with Dana Kaye
- 12:10-12:40 pm Break (30 minutes only)
- 12:40-1:40 pm Personal Journey with Yasmin Angoe: “Journey to Becoming a Bestselling Author”
- 1:50-2:50 pm Publishing Panel: Publishing in Multiple Genres: Edith Maxwell, Alex Segura, Sandra S.G. Wong
- 3:00 – 4:00 pm Marketing Panel: Marketing for Success: Hailey Dezort, Kellye Garrett, Gigi Pandian, Peng Shepherd
- 4:00 pm Wrap up and final questions with Dana Kaye
A full refund, minus processing fees, of the original purchase will be given up to 7 days prior to each event. The EditNow! asynchronous sessions are fully refundable, minus processing fees, prior to submitting a manuscript to the editor. No refunds for the conference will be issued after the virtual event. If you are unable to attend the virtual conference, recordings are available. For in-person and one-one-one sessions, special circumstances for missing the event may be considered at the discretion of Desert Sleuths board.
Refund requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please keep in mind that all event registrations are separate, so cancellations must be made specifically for the event you wish not to attend. Write the title of the event for which you are requesting a refund in the subject line as: Refund Request for (note specific request, i.e., In-person Networking Social, Virtual Conference, PitchNow!, MarketNow!, or EditNow!).
Refund requests will be acknowledged by email within 24 hours and appropriate refunds issued within 7 business days of the acknowledgement email. Exchanges or transfers to another person are not allowed. Anthology purchases made at the in-person event are non-refundable.
Any questions about the conference events can be directed to email@example.com.